At last! A fix for any or all of the following messages:
– Cannot delete folder: It is being used by another person or program.
– Cannot delete file: Access is denied.
– There has been a sharing violation.
– The source or destination file may be in use.
– The file is in use by another program or user.
– Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.
If you see any of those messages when you are using any version of Windows from 2000 onwards (inc Window 7, Vista and even Server2003), just download this handy piece of software called ‘Unlocker’:
Its tiny, installs quickly and will tell you exactly which program or process is locking up your file(s).
I came across this the other day when I was trying to delete an old folder from an SBS2003 box and it kept refusing to let me chuck it in the bin. All sorted now, hooray!